Sustainable Advanced Oxidation PLUS for Water Treatment
Puralytics has developed a next generation advanced oxidation process, AOP PLUS, using only light energy to activate an advanced nanotechnology coated mesh. Water is purified through simultaneous photochemical reactions, destroying volatile organic chemicals, pesticides, pharmaceuticals; while also sterilizing bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens. There are no chemical additives and 100% of the water is purified. Puralytics® products using the AOP PLUS technology, SolarBag and Shield, set new standards for sustainability, ease of use and cost effectiveness.
Destroying Contaminants with Light
“Photocatalysis for advanced oxidation, the core patented technology”
Puralytics’ ® core technologies are advanced oxidation process (AOP) reactors using a proprietary catalyst material and light energy to generate hydroxyl radicals to purify water. The nanomaterial is not consumed or broken down, minimizing chemicals and eliminating water waste associated with traditional chemical and physical water treatment technologies. Contaminants are destroyed instead of concentrated, minimizing the disposal problems associated with traditional water treatment technologies. Conventional AOP technology was only developed four decades ago but is already widely used for destroying contaminants. The Puralytics version using photochemical oxidation, generates powerful hydroxyl radicals which are established to:
- Destroy volatile organic chemicals
- Destroy pesticides, pharmaceuticals and other chemicals
- Destroy or inactivate pathogens
Advanced Oxidation PLUS is:
- SIMPLE - Without the complexity of other AOPs- chemical feed, pressurized ozone or hydrogen peroxide
- SCALABLE- Other AOPs are not simple or inexpensive systems.
- SAFE- UVA Wavelengths used are safe and aoidd bromate and nitrite formation
- SUSTAINABLE- No Mercury UV lamps to replace (or break) each year
- SECURE- No chemicals needed, simple cartridge replacement
The AOP PLUS also delivers additional oxidative power created through the nano particle photocatalytic reaction used in the Puralytics AOP PLUS process. This higher level oxidative energy degrades additional hard to remove pollutants and contaminants which other AOPs and granular activated carbon cannot remove and can be used in to meet difficult to achieve regulatory or compliance standards for a wide range of pollutants.
Puralytics’® products set a new standard for simplicity, sustainability, ease of operation, use and cost-effectiveness.
The light and nanomaterial combine 5 photochemical processes delivering: disinfection, trapping of heavy metals through adsorption, breaking apart organic contaminants. Puralytics treatment modules or stand-alone systems are scalable in treatment level and in flow, from millions of gallons per day to less than 1 gallon per minute.
Advanced Disinfection and Detoxification
The Puralytics Processes are very effective at removing a wide range of contaminants from water. Here are some example contaminants that Puralytics Processes can break down or inactivate:
Puralytics is recognized as an industry leader in water purification technology.
- 2017 Plug and Play Tech Center New Materials
- 2015 Backpackers Gear Test - Great Concept Award
- 2014 BlueTech Research Disrupt-o-meter Award, Most Innovative and Disruptive Water Technology
- 2014 USTechH2.O Exemplary US Water Technology
- 2013 International Water Association Global Honour Award for Drinking Water Supply
- 2013 Innovation in Sustainability Award
- 2013 BlueTech Innovation Tracker Award
- 2012 Inc Magazine Top 8 Best Water Investment
- 2012 5 Star GIIRS Rating from BLabs
- 2011 Cleantech National Investor Conference "Most Fundable"
- 2011 Global Cleantech 100
- 2011 Zino Green Fund, Best Cleantech Investment
- 2011 The Artemis Project, named a Top 50 Water Technology Company
- 2011 TechCrunch Award finalist in the Cleantech category
- 2010 ImagineH2O finalist twice for both water and energy efficiency
- 2010 National Grandprize in the Cleantech Open, Best Cleantech Business
- 2010 Global Water Intelligence, Water Investment Idol